How To Build a Custom Email Client Testing Profile
By default, your Email on Acid account is set up to display previews of all client profiles for mobile, desktop and webmail. If there are client previews you do not commonly use, you may create a custom email client testing profile to make your review process more efficient.
To create a new custom email client testing profile:
- Hover over your account name in the upper right-hand corner, click the drop-down arrow next to your account name and select Email Testing Settings from the list.
- All clients will be selected with a blue and white check mark. Click the checkbox to add or remove clients in your custom testing profile.
- Once you’ve selected all the clients you’d like in your profile, click the plus button in the upper right-hand corner.
- A box will appear to complete the custom profile creation. Create a Name for your profile and a Name Abbreviation. Then click Add.
Note: The Name Abbreviation is used for our Auto Inbox Process which is used to send your test code from your ESP to our system. Once sent, the project appears in your Projects area of Email on Acid. For more information on this process view our How Do I Use the Email on Acid Inbox? article.
- If you would like this to be the default profile for all projects, select the radial box by Default. Click Save to complete the creation of the profile. The profile will then be viewable in your new projects.
When we release new clients, you will be notified and need to update your custom client settings if you would like them to be included. To edit a current Email Client Testing Profile:
- Choose your desired client profile from the drop down
- Click the box next to the client you would like to add, or uncheck for clients you would like to remove
- Click Save
Frequently Asked Questions & Troubleshooting Steps
Will all account users be able to use the custom profile for their projects?
Custom profiles do not become usable by other users. Each user will need to setup their own custom profile.
Does the custom profile automatically become used for projects sent from my ESP once I select default?
To use the custom profile to send code from your ESP to Email on Acid you will need to obtain the new email address associated with the custom profile. This can be located when starting a new Email Testing project by clicking on the word here in “Don’t have the email HTML? Click here to send us an email.”
View Additional Documentation