How can I send a tracking pixel with Outlook?
You can send a tracking pixel with Outlook pretty easily. Just follow these steps:
- Create a new email in Outlook.
- Save the email, selecting HTML from the save type dropdown.
- Open the HTML file using a text editor.
- Find the closing body “</body>” tag.
- Paste the tracking pixel just above this tag.
- Save the file.
- Drag the file into Outlook.
- This should create a new email which contains the (invisible) pixel.
Please note that Outlook makes changes to the code that may break some analytics functionality, including print and forward tracking.