Getting Started with Team Management
This document will walk through Team Management functions within Email on Acid’s Projects. Our new inbox allows you to seamlessly create project folders, assign users and create custom user profiles.
- Once you have logged into your Email on Acid account, select the Projects icon from the left hand tool bar.
- From the Projects main page, you can view all projects and folders you have created.
- Before creating project folders, decide on a template for organizing projects that will continue throughout the process. This will dictate how users should organize their work.
- You can create a new folder by clicking +.
Acid Tip: from the Projects page, you may also add a new folder by clicking on the folder icon in the header area.
- Select a location for your folder.
- Name your folder. We recommend using descriptive folder names for easier identification between users.
- You can assign users at this time, or after folders are created (you may need to contact an admin to add users).
- Click Create Folder.
- Your folder now appears in the left hand navigation menu under “Folders,” in the location you selected.
- To create additional subfolders, click the ellipses and select “Add subfolder.”
- Select a location for your folder and create a name.
- Click Create Folder.
- Your folder will appear in its location; to view, click the dropdown arrow next to the assigned folder.
- On the Projects page, you may filter projects by “Project Type” or search for a project in the search bar at the top.
Moving projects to folders
- Once folders have been created and users assigned, you can easily move projects to their designated folders.
- To move individual folders, click the ellipses and select Move Folder.
- To move multiple projects, first select the projects you wish to move, then click the Move button at the top of the screen.
- Select a folder for your project.
Assigning Users to Folders and Managing their Access
- There are several ways to assign users and manage access.
- To assign existing users to a folder, first open the folder. You may select it from the drop-down menu on the left-hand side of your screen, or hover over the project name and select the folder you wish to work in.
- At the top of the page, you will see the People Icon and the number of users currently assigned to this folder. Click to add additional users.
- Click on Assign User.
- Search for your user and then click
- The user now appears in the folder, along with the option to remove access.
- Next to the folder name, you will notice an icon showing how many users are assigned to this folder.
- You can manage user access from the People Locate your user and then click the ellipses. Select Manage Access.
- From this page, you can remove access and also add access to other existing folders.
Setting Up a Team: Creating Custom Profiles
User profiles have their own unique permissions within a project. These profiles are Admin or Administrator, General User, and Read-only.
- Admins and Read-only profiles cannot be customized.
- Admins of an account can create customized profiles for users. Any profile that is customized will display as “General – [insert name here]”
- You can create profiles by clicking “Manage Profiles” or on the “Add User” page
- To create profiles, first navigate to the People page by clicking the link at the top of your screen.
- Click on Manage user profiles.
- Click on Create New Profile.
- Create your user profile by giving your profile a name, assigning folder and project permissions, and team management permissions.
- Click Create.
- On the People page, you will be able to view, manage, and add users. You can easily view a user’s permissions, manage access, and filter users as needed.
- Admins can add a user by clicking on Add User in the upper right hand corner.
- At the top, you will notice the number of seats you have available. Admins will be notified when seats are no longer available (you may still invite “Read-Only” users).
- Enter the user detail and select user permissions: Administrator, General User (this is the default base level permission), or Read-Only.
- General Users will be assigned to a custom profile; use the dropdown menu to view available profiles, edit, or add a new profile as needed.
- Select Project Visibility (if necessary). Click Invite, when finished.
- The user will now appear on the People
- To adjust settings for an existing user, Admins can click directly on their name to view their User Detail. You may edit their permissions by clicking Edit User.
Acid Tip: You may also select Edit User from the People page by clicking on the ellipses next to your user and selecting Edit User.
- On the Edit User page, admins can modify a user’s Permission Level and select a custom profile from the drop-down menu for the user.
- Scroll down to Assign Visibility and search for existing folders to add the user to.
- You may also inactivate a user from this page.