Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Outlook App on Android not respecting font colour on CTA button

tiobenotifications

Total Posts:  4
Posted: 11 December 2016 11:33 AM

Outlook app on Android isnt respecting the white font colour set for a CTA button font. Shows blue instead of white font. Looks fine on other devices and clients and shows the font correctly as white.

Has ayone seen or solved this?

Thanks,
Karen

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  205
Posted: 11 December 2016 11:12 PM
[ # 1 ]

Hi Karen,

Welcome to the Email on Acid forums!

This is a weird one! Although it’s not something I’ve specifically come across, I’d love to investigate it for you!

Would you please attach your code to the post as an HTML file? That would help me immensely.

Many thanks,
Alex

tiobenotifications

Posted: 11 December 2016 11:37 PM
[ # 2 ]

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your welcome and reply :0)

I have attached as requested just including the table with the actual CTA we are having trouble with. I’m not the one who coded his but am across the issue.

FYI, its hard to troubleshoot issues with the Outlook app without any previews. The issue is seen on a Android Galaxy S7 and Outlook app. Works fine for iOS outlook app connected to Exchange or hotmail/outlook.com account on a iphone 7.

Thanks,
Karen

File Attachments
LearnMoreCTA.html  (File Size: 5KB - Downloads: 71)

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  205
Posted: 12 December 2016 11:25 PM
[ # 3 ]

Hi Karen,

I noticed on the anchor tags you have href=”#”. Could you please try testing with a real link for example http://www.example.com - Sometimes Outlook really throws a hissy fit with empty anchor tags.

If this doesn’t work I’ll get cracking on a full solution.

Cheers,
Alex

tiobenotifications

Posted: 13 December 2016 03:21 AM
[ # 4 ]

Hi Alex,

These were replaced when posting the code and makes no difference, I can add back or you can feel free to add any link in testing.

Thanks,
Karen

tiobenotifications

Posted: 14 December 2016 07:38 AM
[ # 5 ]

Hi Alex, any joy?