Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Yahoo Icons

caimancaguama

Total Posts:  6
Posted: 08 December 2016 05:32 AM

Hello, I am looking at yahoo email client on android and I see icons as marked on the screen shot that I have provided.  How do you insert this icon so that your logo can appear like the ones marked on the screen shot?  Please let me know, thank you

Image Attachments
screen-shot-5.png

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  210
Posted: 08 December 2016 08:35 PM
[ # 1 ]

Hi caimancaguama,

Interesting question! I know of another email developer, James White, who asked this question to Yahoo! themselves.

They said: “You can mouse over the options menu icon and edit the contact card details.”

James then asked: “Thanks for that, most helpful. Is there anything that can be done within an email itself that manipulates the contact picture?”

To which they replied: “I’m sorry, but no.”

If you want to see their full exchange you can do so here: https://yahoo.sdx.socialdynamx.com/portal/conversation/12873167

So, unfortunately, it seems we can’t modify that - if I hear anything different I will let you know!

Cheers,
Alex

caimancaguama

Total Posts:  6
Posted: 09 December 2016 01:43 PM
[ # 2 ]

Thank you, please let me know if you learn different.