Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Sections of email not rendering correctly in Outlook 2013, Windows 10

Brokers1955

Total Posts:  3
Posted: 29 November 2016 08:59 AM

Hello,
I am having trouble with some of my emails rendering correctly in Outlook 2013, Windows 10. I used a template from Email on Acid, and all of the tests are showing up correctly. However, my 2 column and 3 column tables are showing very skinny (maybe 250 px wide) and centered, similar to how it appears on a mobile device. I have attached the HTML code and a screenshot of what it looks like in the actual email client. I did not attached any test results from Email on Acid because it is showing up correctly in there, but the actual sent email is very different. Thank you in advance for your help.

Image Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 4.57.06 PM.png
File Attachments
Marketo_code.html  (File Size: 32KB - Downloads: 104)

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 30 November 2016 02:09 AM
[ # 1 ]

Brokers1955,
Thank you for posting, and welcome to the forum!

Did you try testing via auto process? This can help capture issues that you might not see testing raw code.
https://www.emailonacid.com/help-center/article/getting-started/tutorial-getting-started/how-do-i-test-email-via-auto-process

However, it may also be that the unique combination of Windows 10 and Outlook 2013 is what’s causing the issue.

Can you please try an autoprocess test (sending in the same way you sent to your own Outlook 2013) and see if it replicates the issue?

Brokers1955

Posted: 01 December 2016 12:46 AM
[ # 2 ]

Hi Geoff,
I ran the email through the auto process, here is the link to view the images https://www.emailonacid.com/app/acidtest/display/summary/8z13JO1QhtVkNcxmy4wzsUp8q30EyBTYNN0bn5HFm1Ztn/shared

We have a couple other people in the building with the same configuration, as we are still testing Windows 10, they said their emails show up fine also. It is this particular person’s computer with this configuration that is having the problem. But I can’t figure out why. Thanks so much for your help on this, I greatly appreciate it.

Brokers1955

Posted: 01 December 2016 08:41 AM
[ # 3 ]

I just wanted to give you an update on this, just in case anyone else has any problems. I have spoken with our IT department, they said it may be a specific problem with Dell laptops, using Windows 10 and Outlook 2013. For whatever reason when the laptop is connected to a docking station, and then removed, Outlook does not reconfigure the display settings to the laptop settings, it still thinks it’s connected to the docking station screens. IT has found that the user has to log out of their account, and log back in every time they connect or disconnect from the docking stations in order for the screen to reconfigure. It appears to be happening only with this specific combination, the HP’s in the building operate as intended. Thanks for all your help.