Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Border height

Serif

Total Posts:  10
Posted: 26 October 2016 02:42 AM

Is there any way to control the height of a vertical border?
I need a fixed height vertical line and assumed ‘border-left’ would be the best way of doing this but I am struggling to control the size of it.

If controlling the size/height of a border isn’t possible, what is an alternative solution to having a set height vertical line without it needing to be an image?

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 26 October 2016 05:57 AM
[ # 1 ]

Serif,
It is not possible to control the height of a vertical border, as far as I know. You could create a tall vertical cell, and put a fixed-height table in that cell.Then you could apply a border to the inner table only. You may have trouble getting the inner table to vertically center as you’d like it to, though.

Alternatively, you could create a table with multiple cells and only apply border to some of them.

Hope this helps!

Serif

Total Posts:  10
Posted: 26 October 2016 08:10 PM
[ # 2 ]

I seem to have sorted it in all clients except from Android 5.

Is this a known issue or is there a way to alter my code to get around this?

https://www.emailonacid.com/app/acidtest/display/summary/X1ULjYWC2rjQIY9hvzzQrS129equkk8Zuj3tTjPxIfF5E/shared

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 27 October 2016 03:34 AM
[ # 3 ]

Serif,
Not an issue I have heard of. You’d have to play with the code a bit and test to see if there is a way around it.