Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Android 5.1.0, Gmail App iOS 7 & Android Gmail 6…. again

asiaminor

Total Posts:  11
Posted: 26 October 2016 02:38 AM

I would appreciate a reply. I posted this question weeks ago.

Hey there,

Hope you are well. I’m having a little troubles with my two column table on mobile. specifically Android 5.1.0, Gmail App iOS 7 & Android Gmail 6 :(
On Android 5.1.0, my image is being cut off in mid section. I did a some research for a fix and ran in to the “HTTP vs HTTPS” issue and apply that technique and unfortunately that didn’t work out for me.  And secondly, the image is not centering.
On Gmail App iOS 7 the same two column table its not collapsing into one column so my book images is not center and my social media icons at the footer are not centered.
On Android Gmail 6 I just have these crazy little hairline borders at the top and footer of my email :(
Please help me.

Thanks in advance
Asiaminor
Here’s my test results & attach is my dusty html file. 
https://www.emailonacid.com/app/acidtest/display/summary/koEgnHD01U3RcoNF5aQ2YW4wiEADwq2jhye7ArGIMB9QF/shared

File Attachments
test.html  (File Size: 19KB - Downloads: 112)

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 26 October 2016 04:19 AM
[ # 1 ]

asiaminor,
Thank you for posting!

It looks like you have quite a few issues with this email. The purpose of this forum is to help email marketers and developers get answers to specific questions they have been struggling with or learn about specific techniques. We can try to help with some of the issues you listed, but it may take a while for us to be able to address them. While a kind community member may take the time to fix the list of issues with your email, this is not something that you should depend on.

I would suggest that you may want to hire an email developer to fix these issues for you. We have a great list of email developers right here: https://www.emailonacid.com/blog/article/email-marketing/email_on_acids_resource_page

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

asiaminor

Posted: 26 October 2016 04:29 AM
[ # 2 ]

What are the issues?
Im trying to learn too.

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 26 October 2016 04:37 AM
[ # 3 ]

asiaminor,
By “a few issues” I meant the three issues you mentioned in the ticket.

Android 5.1.0 - This looks like an EOA screenshot issue (the image being cut in half). I have submitted a bug ticket to have this fixed. Sorry for any confusion that may have caused! As far as centering, you might have to switch to fluid hybrid design to get the email to center (see below).
Gmail App iOS 7 - This is not a responsive email client. To get things to center in this client, you may want to switch to fluid hybrid design: https://www.emailonacid.com/blog/article/email-development/a-fluid-hybrid-design-primer
Android Gmail 6 - To fix these hairlines, apply a white background color to the table that is inside your orange table.

I hope that helps answer these questions. We are happy to help people learn! I was just warning you that you may not get the help you need as quickly as you could by hiring an email developer.

asiaminor

Posted: 26 October 2016 05:31 AM
[ # 4 ]

Thank you so much!
There so much info on fixes its hard to pinpoint the right one.
Appreciate your time.
-A