Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Styling Clicked Link

Serif

Total Posts:  10
Posted: 24 October 2016 06:36 AM

Is there anyway to control the colour of a click link? I just want the link to stay the same colour, regardless of whether it has been clicked or not.

The only way to date that I have found is to use <strong> tags but i don’t want the text to be bold and even if you override that with font-weight in the style, in some client it still renders as bold.

I

leinverheij

Total Posts:  13
Posted: 25 October 2016 01:36 AM
[ # 1 ]

Yep! smile
Give every td with a link a class (I usually use classes like title, content, or the colour of the text).

And in the css in the <head> put .class-name a {color:red; text-decoration:none/underline}

Now when a link is clicked it stays the colour you put in the bit of css. Works for both mobile devices and also Outlook 2007-2016 smile

Cheers,
Lein

Serif

Total Posts:  10
Posted: 25 October 2016 06:17 AM
[ # 2 ]

Just tried it and it worked, thank you!

leinverheij

Total Posts:  13
Posted: 25 October 2016 09:00 AM
[ # 3 ]

Great! You’re welcome smile