Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Sections not rendering correctly in Android native email 5.1

MarketVolt

Total Posts:  38
Posted: 21 October 2016 02:04 AM

My 3 column email is not rendering correctly when displayed in native Android email 5.1 . It’s suppose to stack the columns, but it is also cutting off the bottoms and tops of the stacked columns. Screenshot and code attached. Thank you.  Paul

Image Attachments
EmailOnAcidDemoPic1.png
File Attachments
Riversedge.txt  (File Size: 14KB - Downloads: 159)

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 21 October 2016 02:42 AM
[ # 1 ]

MarketVolt,
Thanks for posting!

The columns being cut off looks like an EOA screenshot issue, I’m sorry about that. I’ve submitted a ticket to have it fixed.

As far as the column stacking, this is part of how fluid hybrid design works. Your columns are 190px wide, and our android 5.1 screenshots are 480px wide. This means that two of your columns will fit in the space available (taking 380px of the 480px). You could change the columns to be wider, but Androids use a wide variety of screen sizes, so this problem will likely occur elsewhere.

In Android 5.1 the column stacking issue cannot be addressed with media queries, as this client does not support embedded styles.

Let us know if you have any other questions!