Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Update Yahoo removed responsiveness?

leinverheij

Total Posts:  13
Posted: 17 October 2016 02:22 AM

I’m just testing an email in the Yahoo app, which showed me the responsive version last week, but now when it loads I see the mobile view just a second, before the mail jumps to desktop view. I didn’t update any code, but I know the Yahoo app updated in the last few days.

Anyone else seen this happening?

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  217
Posted: 18 October 2016 09:16 AM
[ # 1 ]

Hey leinverheij!

Yahoo and their updates eh!

I’ve not heard or seen of this, but will get testing and see if I can replicate.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Cheers,
Alex

leinverheij

Total Posts:  13
Posted: 20 October 2016 12:01 AM
[ # 2 ]

It seems the Yahoo app isn’t reading styles anymore that are located in the <head>
I build a template with FreshInbox’s hamburger menu and had to tweak it first to hide the hamburger images in Yahoo Mail (Firefox and Chrome). So it’s just moved the display:none to the <head>, instead of inline (as Yahoo Mail strips those).

So then the hamburger wasn’t visible anymore on web, but suddenly appeared in the Yahoo app (in desktop view on Android 7.0). So now I’ve added the display:none both inline and in the <head> to fix it.

Attached the html I’m testing with.

Cheers,
Lein

File Attachments
noppies.html  (File Size: 19KB - Downloads: 111)