Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Images incorrect height in Inbox app

leinverheij

Total Posts:  13
Posted: 12 October 2016 02:17 AM

Hi,

I’m testing the new support of media queries in the Gmail and Inbox apps on Android, and I’m running into a problem in Inbox with the scaling of the images.
I’m working in mail creation tools that need a height set in the image tag. To override this height on mobile I use the height:auto !important in my media queries.

So in the html it looks like: text_002.png
And in the media query:

.img {
width: 100% !important;
height: auto !important;

Now apparently there’s a bug in the Inbox app that changes height to min-height? Which results in images that are stretched too high.
Does anyone know a way around this?

Image Attachments
gmail-vs-inbox.png

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 12 October 2016 10:01 AM
[ # 1 ]

leinverheij,
Thank you for posting!

This isn’t something we’ve been able to find a fix for yet.

If you can leave the height attribute off of your images, I think it might fix the issue for you as most clients automatically rescale height if it’s not listed.

Let me know if that works.

leinverheij

Total Posts:  13
Posted: 20 October 2016 03:35 AM
[ # 2 ]

It seems the problem was fixed with a recent update because images seem to be scaling correctly in the Inbox App now, even with a height in pixels in the img tag.

Can anyone confirm?

Cheers,
Lein