Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Android Gmail 6 Mobile Ignoring Various Classes / Android 5.1 Mobile Displaying Desktop Version

pnaonline

Total Posts:  25
Posted: 07 October 2016 06:12 AM

Hello,

These classes don’t seem to be rendering in Android Gmail 6 - I’m trying to target the <td> containing the View Online and top right image to hide them for mobile, and the button and image styles aren’t working either:

.linkHide {
          display: none !important;
        }
        .imageHide {
          display: none !important;
        }

.clickButton {
      height: auto !important;
      width: 85% !important;
      Margin-left: auto !important;
      Margin-right: auto !important;
        }

.smallImage {
          height: auto !important;
          width: 100% !important;
          max-width: 250px !important;
          display: block !important;
          float: none !important;
          Margin: 20px auto 20px auto !important;
        }

And in Android 5.1 it looks like the desktop version. 4.4 is rendering everything correctly.

Here is the test share link:
https://www.emailonacid.com/app/acidtest/display/summary/XfqIOINf15iflClHVXveGiaKhwJPTLahVsAeS9rPo7sOC/shared

File Attachments
event-gmail-test.html  (File Size: 19KB - Downloads: 91)

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 10 October 2016 05:48 AM
[ # 1 ]

pnaonline,
Welcome to the forum!

I’m working on finding a fix for the “View online” text right now. It’s strange that the hiding technique isn’t working.

As far as the button not going to full width, it seems that this may be a strange issue with the resolution we’re running our previews at. We’re looking into getting this fixed, but that button should display at full width in Android Gmail devices.

pnaonline

Posted: 24 October 2016 02:09 AM
[ # 2 ]

Hi Geoff,

Have you managed to figure out the image/text hide issue for the display property on Gmail?

File Attachments
event-gmail-test.html  (File Size: 19KB - Downloads: 82)

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 24 October 2016 02:45 AM
[ # 3 ]

pnaonline,
Unfortunately, no. I have not been able to crack this one. Hopefully one of our community members may have a fix!

pnaonline

Posted: 24 October 2016 05:16 AM
[ # 4 ]

I re-posted the issue hoping someone will see it and have some sort of a workaround. Thanks for looking into it!