Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Blank emails in several clients

Virginia529Marketing

Total Posts:  3
Posted: 07 October 2016 05:01 AM

I have created emails and tested them in Email on Acid and everything looks fine. But we have had some customers say that they just got a blank email. Any suggestions?

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  203
Posted: 09 October 2016 10:45 PM
[ # 1 ]

Hi Virginia529Marketing,

Welcome to the Email on Acid forums!

So, just to clarify the issue. You’ve tested your email in our platform and it all looked fine, but when you sent it live you’ve had some customers say that the email was blank?

If that’s the case, did you test with us using the Manual Test method or the Autoprocess method? Could you also attach your code as a .html file and I’ll have a look and see if there’s anything in there causing issues.

Cheers
Alex

Virginia529Marketing

Posted: 11 October 2016 12:17 AM
[ # 2 ]

Yes there were several customers who wrote back saying that the email was blank.

Yes I tested it in your platform. Everything looked fine. I did it both manually and automatically. I have tried to repleicate it but have not been successful. There also seems to be no pattern to the users email services. They were as follows with aol being the most.

Hotmail
Cox.net
embarqmail.com
aol.com
sprintmail.com
comcast.net
gmail.com

I have attached the code. Also we were sending them email using Marketo.

File Attachments
index.html  (File Size: 37KB - Downloads: 76)

Virginia529Marketing

Posted: 18 October 2016 11:59 PM
[ # 3 ]

Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 19 October 2016 07:36 AM
[ # 4 ]

Virginia529Marketing,
I would suggest that you try to acquire the code as received by somebody who got a “blank” email. For example, in Gmail one can use “show original” to get a copy of the code.

Then you could examine this code to see if a change created by the ESP is causing this issue. It would also help members of this forum to be able to reproduce the issue.