Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Link text disappears in Google Apps IE 10&11;

subtext

Total Posts:  1
Posted: 06 October 2016 03:33 PM

Hi there,

I’m working on an email template for a client and have run across an odd issue in Google Apps IE 10&11;: https://www.emailonacid.com/app/acidtest/display/summary/1WODtyR9Sgjr3r8CLEdMCkZ6hWxlK73KdjEnLGXFAW74D/shared

You can see the template reuses many of the same elements throughout, including the orange square buttons and the black outline buttons. In Google Apps IE 10 near the bottom, one of the black outlined buttons doesn’t have the text. In Google Apps IE 11, about halfway down, there are two columns with images on top and copy below with what should be orange buttons, but the text seems to have disappeared.

For both buttons, I copied the code from buttons that are appearing correctly in the EOA results, but still get the disappearing text. Any ideas? or is it just a fluke?

File Attachments
Master Template with Blog Blocks.zip  (File Size: 3260KB - Downloads: 104)

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  226
Posted: 07 October 2016 04:27 AM
[ # 1 ]

Hi subtext,

Welcome to the Email on Acid forums!

I’ve just tested the code you’ve provided and the buttons are showing up as should be, so it could just be a fluke as you said.

Having looked at your code, one thing I would change is the colours. In the past, Gmail has been known to not like the pure black hex code (#000000) I’d suggest changing it to #000001, you won’t notice the difference and Gmail won’t start messing with your colours.

Let me know how you get on.

Alex.