Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Email template not rendering correctly in Android 5.1

mmspos

Total Posts:  10
Posted: 15 September 2016 12:32 PM

Hey folks,

As per the title of the forum thread, I seem to be having some issues with getting my email template to work properly in Android 5.1 There are a lot of little ‘gotchas’ that I can see in my test summary such as little 1px verticle/horizontal lines as well as my containing tables not filling the bgcolor the fill width of the table.

Here is a link to the project in question:

I will also attach the raw HTML again for your viewing.

Cheers,

-J

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 15 September 2016 02:22 PM
[ # 1 ]

mmspos,
Thanks for writing in with this question!

Yes, I could see what you mean about some background colors not going full width. I was able to fix this issue by applying min-width to the container.

I was able to able to fix the horizontal line in the header by moving the logo into the yellow table and applying background color to the whole thing.

As far as the vertical lines, these are caused by the background color of the table showing through the sides of the image. I don’t know of a way to remove this. If you move the image out of the table that has the background color, you’ll see a white line between the image and the rest of the table. If you keep the image in the table with background color, you’ll see the colored lines to the left and right of the image. You may have to do some experimentation to find a good fix for this.

I hope this helps! The code I used it attached here.

File Attachments
new_activation_en3.html  (File Size: 30KB - Downloads: 187)

mmspos

Posted: 16 September 2016 12:17 PM
[ # 2 ]

Hi Geoff,

I seem to be mostly the way there. I had to sub some of the text out for another template that we would be running as well. However it still seems to have broken Android 5.1. Can you have a look at the new code when you have a moment?

Cheers

-J

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 16 September 2016 12:21 PM
[ # 3 ]

mmspos,
While we love to answer specific questions about HTML email development, we can’t offer ongoing support for email glitches. I think most of the issues in the preview you sent can be fixed using techniques I covered in my last response.

You may need to consider hiring an email developer. We have a list of great email devs here: https://www.emailonacid.com/blog/article/email-marketing/email_on_acids_resource_page

mmspos

Posted: 16 September 2016 12:30 PM
[ # 4 ]

False positive! I was burning through my email tests really quickly and missed the rails code inside the template that would of course not be omitted by your interpreter. Don’t worry, everything is good!

Thanks again Geoff!

Cheers,

-J