Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

testing emoji rendering within subject lines across all email clients

bvkhq

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 09 September 2016 08:10 AM

Is there a place to test how subject lines will display on various platforms and email clients? I wanted to see if the emoji will have any issues displaying on recipients’ messages. I can’t seem to find anything within Email on Acid to test subject lines and when I do a google search with not much luck either for testing for free.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Robin

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  226
Posted: 09 September 2016 08:24 AM
[ # 1 ]

Hi Robin

Welcome to the Email on Acid forums!

I don’t know of such a tool, to my knowledge none exist yet but if any other posters here have a good resource I’d also love to see it.
The only resource I’ve used is the Campaign Monitor about client support for emojis which I’m sure showed up in your google search! https://www.campaignmonitor.com/resources/guides/using-emojis-and-symbols-in-email-marketing/

Cheers,
Alex

bvkhq

Posted: 09 September 2016 08:36 AM
[ # 2 ]

Thanks, Alex. I appreciate your quick response. I had run across that link during my search, which was useful.
Best,
Robin

MyMurdochs

Posted: 28 February 2017 12:03 PM
[ # 3 ]

Does email on acid have any plans to add this functionality? I recently was planning to use a cute horse emoji in my subject line. It looked look a devil in outlook.

shawscott

Total Posts:  1
Posted: 11 July 2017 11:03 AM
[ # 4 ]

so, Litmus has this capability. Will EOA add this as well?

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  226
Posted: 12 July 2017 04:28 AM
[ # 5 ]

Hello!

We will be releasing this functionality in the near future, it’s on the roadmap. I will update you all when we roll it out.

Thanks for your continued suggestion for how we can improve EoA!

Cheers,
Alex