Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Blue Hornet Opt-out link not delivering?

ecommission

Total Posts:  4
Posted: 07 September 2016 02:57 AM

Has anyone had any issues with Blue Hornet’s Unsubscribe links not being delivered? We’re having ~1 user per week complain that they’re unable to unsubscribe due to it not being available. However, every test that I run including live images have had it.

Unfortunately for me, I haven’t been able to get any feed back on what client, browsers, system, application, version, etc., etc on one complaint.

Also! Users are still unsubscribing so it’s definitely working. I’m just trying to see if anyone else has had any issues. Blue Hornet’s magically is unable to replicate the issue as well. I’m beginning to think that BH is just an out dated ESP who is also probably using outdated code that’s attaching to my markup.

Let me know if anyone has heard any issues with BH. If you have any thoughts and/or suggestions that I could try. Thanks for the help!

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  210
Posted: 07 September 2016 08:58 PM
[ # 1 ]

Hello ecomission!

Without knowing about the client’s browser, system, etc, like you said it’s hard to know what’s causing an issue. If you could find that out, that’d be amazing. Does the Blue Hornet reporting software not tell you which device, etc, they opened on?

Cheers
Alex

ecommission

Posted: 07 September 2016 10:12 PM
[ # 2 ]

Thanks Alex!

Yes. Unfortunately, I’m struggling getting any help w/ determining the devices these issues are happening on. BH is (from information I’m gathering) a bit out of date compared to competitor ESPs so I don’t have any drill down analytics. BH and I both appear to be unable to recreate the issue so I’m crossing fingers to hear if anyone has had a similar hurdle =(

Thanks for the help!

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Posted: 08 September 2016 12:05 AM
[ # 3 ]

Such an odd thing to appear! I hope you can fix it.

I’ve sent a Tweet out asking if anyone has encountered this issue before, you can see it here: https://twitter.com/omgitsonlyalex/status/773869624345583617 if I get any replies I’ll relay it back into this thread.

Best of luck!
Alex

ecommission

Posted: 08 September 2016 12:13 AM
[ # 4 ]

Awesome Alex, you’re a BOSS!!!

I have been chipping away at this all morning and I think I’m finding out some-what of what’s going on. In the source code specifically of Apple Mail on OSX the unsubscribe div is attached. But it comes with a font size of 1 and a color of #999. Which is basically invisible… If I forward it to another account (gmail, etc.) it shows up perfectly.

Currently changing colors and trying to target the tag that they’re using—which I don’t have in my current mark up but no luck. Also seems to have issues on AOL for PC. However, we’re not generating a ton of traffic from AOL users so my focus is obvi on OSX.

Thanks for the help. I’ll provide an update as I dig a lil deeper. Thanks again for all the help.

Thanks,
Daniel

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Posted: 08 September 2016 12:52 AM
[ # 5 ]

Nice investigation work!

If you posted your code, I could take a peek for you too grin

Cheers,
Alex.

ecommission

Posted: 08 September 2016 01:21 AM
[ # 6 ]

I think I found a work around and I’m not sure why I didn’t think of this sooner =/

...but I simply coded the opt-out section into our email using the unsubscribe properties provided by BH and created a _blank default footer that attaches automatically. Viola!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

testing now - seem’s like the fix i was looking for and looks much better… thanks for the help bud!