Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Samsung Galaxy S4 - media queries

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 02 September 2016 09:42 AM

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 running android 5.0.1.  About 3 or 4 weeks ago the built-in mail client stopped processing media queries.  Prior to that the media queries worked fine.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I am assuming there was an update,  If not, then it must be just on my phone.

Alex Ilhan

Total Posts:  229
Posted: 08 September 2016 03:55 AM
[ # 1 ]

Hi imvpublishing,

I’ve not heard anything about an update, but if you have some evidence to suggest the support being dropped for Media Queries I’d love to see it!

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 09 September 2016 07:41 AM
[ # 2 ]

I’m not sure what kind of evidence i could supply.  My phone used to support media queries and now it does not.  I don’t have access to another similar phone to see if the problem is more wide spread.

I could send you my email address, so you could send me a test email.  I will send you back the screenshot.

Or, if you have a test phone similar to mine, we could send you a test email.  And then compare how Acid displays the phone vs. a real phone.

Thanks for your help.