Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Outlook 2007 and above

kgillis123

Total Posts:  4
Posted: 26 July 2016 06:20 AM

I have an <h2> tag with an image directly under it.  It looks great on everything except in Outlook 2007 and above.  For some reason it is adding a big gap between the <h2> tag and the image.  Tried 1,000 different scenarios but can’t seem to get it to work.  Any suggestions? 

Here are my last test results:
https://www.emailonacid.com/app/acidtest/display/summary/IqetHWb6OoJmTyBU9Njsi7ebdZGEH4eaL59MJX0JaQAjf

Here is my html:
http://kerrigillis.com/Metabolics/

Thank you!

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  203
Posted: 26 July 2016 11:58 PM
[ # 1 ]

Hey kgillis123

Welcome to the Email on Acid forums!

I’ll have a look at this right now and get back to you when I’ve seen what’s going on grin

Alex

kgillis123

Posted: 27 July 2016 01:47 AM
[ # 2 ]

OK.  Thank you!

kgillis123

Posted: 28 July 2016 03:16 AM
[ # 3 ]

Hi Alex, 

Have been able to take a look at this yet?

Thanks!

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  203
Posted: 28 July 2016 04:09 AM
[ # 4 ]

Hey kgillis123,

Sorry for the slow response!

My first suggestion is to change your H1’s to spans or divs. (I like to use spans)

The reason for this is that different email clients will render H1s differently. It’s long been a big issue with email development.

Cheers
Alex

kgillis123

Posted: 28 July 2016 04:29 AM
[ # 5 ]

Thanks Alex!  I tried both span and div and doesn’t seem to change anything.

I figured it out.  I had the <div> for the bottom image in side the <h2> tag.  When I changed the h2 tag to div and then took it outside that tag, it worked.  There is still some space there but it is MUCH better than it was.