Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Changing the engagement-time thresholds

Tradingfloor

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 24 July 2016 07:36 PM

Hi EmailOnAcid,

I’m conducting a series of experiements w.r.t. the engagement levels for our email campaigns, newsletters, etc.
Specifically, I am looking to the delete, skim, read categorization.

I want to use the time spent reading an email to infer an optimal level of text to include.
Being a strong proponent of the ‘less-is-more’ design approach, I’m battling some out-dated practices of creating lengthy, text-heavy emails within my organization and need to be able to back up my arguments for change with hard data.

Is it / will it be possible to change the threshold levels to more than the current cap of 30 seconds?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 27 July 2016 04:57 AM
[ # 1 ]

Tradingfloor,
Welcome to the forum!

Currently it’s not possible to have a read-time threshold of more than 29 seconds. We’ll add this to our list of requested features, though. I’m glad you’re getting good use out of our analytics!

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Tradingfloor

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 28 July 2016 11:30 PM
[ # 2 ]

Thank you, Geoff!

And thank you for adding this to your dev. backlog.

Looking forward to extended thresholds smile

Kind regards,
TradingFloor.com