Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

AOL showing large chunk of style code at top

sfaf

Total Posts:  3
Posted: 12 April 2011 10:02 PM

In the AOL preview recently, I’ve started seeing a large chunk of what looks like style code in plaintext at the top of my message.

Below the text, my message renders just fine.

More importantly, when I do a test send to an actual AOL mail address, it looks fine (no text chunk at the top).

Part of me wants to not worry about it since it looks fine in my ‘real world’ test, but as I hand off to less-thorough testers in my org, I’m concerned…

I tried attaching a screenshot to this post, but got a message that ‘we’re unable to accept file attachments’.

thanks!

John Thies

Administrator
Total Posts:  59
Posted: 12 April 2011 10:18 PM
[ # 1 ]

Greetings sfaf, this might be an issue with something in your HTML and how we are parsing through it to process the Code Analysis. Would you mind sending either the URL or HTML to support [at] emailonacid.com so we can investigate?

Thanks.

sfaf

Total Posts:  3
Posted: 13 April 2011 03:47 PM
[ # 2 ]

hey EoA team, thanks for the follow up!  The issue I was seeing with AOL mail is now resolved, and I’ve learned how to submit a ‘discrepancy report’. Yay!