Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Tracking transactional emails

apollo

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 14 July 2016 05:00 AM

Hi, i’m setting up a tracking pixel to track a campaign but it prompts me to enter number of subscribers- however, the email i’m tracking is a transactional email so there is not a static number of users that will be receiving this.
Is there any work around to this ?

Thanks

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 14 July 2016 05:21 AM
[ # 1 ]

apollo,
This number is used to determine the open % of the email. You can change it at any time in the settings for that campaign. So you can start by just picking a number like 1000 and update it as your number of sent transactional emails increases. Hope that helps!

apollo

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 14 July 2016 05:26 AM
[ # 2 ]

Right, I understand that.
However I was hoping to find a solution that would automatically update the number of recipients because it changes by the minute.

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 14 July 2016 08:37 AM
[ # 3 ]

apollo,
Unfortunately, we cannot connect to your ESP in such a way that we can automatically update this number for you. We have no way of knowing how many emails have been sent, only how many have been opened/clicked. Please let us know if you have any other questions!