Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Tracking Using Eloqua WYSIWYG Editor

KelePineau

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 11 July 2016 02:07 PM

Is there a way to install the analytic tracking code on an Eloqua email while using the WYSIWYG editor?  I don’t have access to the html code through this editor.  I’m looking for a workaround.  I do seem to get results by adding it in a text box but I’m not sure it will show correct results.

chad.lloyd

Total Posts:  1
Posted: 14 July 2016 07:22 PM
[ # 1 ]

Yes, but it’s a lot of work. If you open the tools menu and then navigate to the Page Snippet Tools, then you should be able to open the HTML editor and apply the email tracking code provided by EOA.

If you are wanting to add tracking links to all of your links, then you would need append each URL with the appropriate EOA tracking codes.

You may be better off just designing in WYSIWYG, then view the email in a browser, copy the source code, then paste it into the HTML editor.

KelePineau

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 18 July 2016 06:45 AM
[ # 2 ]

Chad, Thank you!  I was thinking I could paste that code into the email editor here and then go back to Eloqua. Didn’t think of just pasting into Eloqua!  Excellent idea.