Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

 
   
Some images getting cropped in Outlook

namastelight

Newbie
Total Posts:  3
Posted: 07 July 2016 06:42 PM

Hello,

I’m seeing the images being cropped by the various versions of Outlook 2007/10/13/16 as shown in this screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/tOY3vUedvyVH

I’ve sent a number of tests and tried resubmitting the screenshot to make sure it wasn’t just a one time fluke.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this?

I’m confused because some of the images are rendering correctly, while most don’t.  I thought maybe it was manually setting the width attribute, but some of the images with the width attribute set are still getting cropped.

Thanks,
Jeff


 

Geoff Phillips

Avatar
Sr. Member
Total Posts:  386
Posted: 08 July 2016 08:47 AM
[ # 1 ]

namastelight,
Welcome to the forum! Can you include your code as a .html file? With that we should be able to address this issue.


 

namastelight

Newbie
Total Posts:  3
Posted: 08 July 2016 03:24 PM
[ # 2 ]

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for responding.  I’ve attached the code as it is being received by EOA.

Thanks!
Jeff

File Attachments
sent-code.html  (File Size: 82KB - Downloads: 221)

 

Geoff Phillips

Avatar
Sr. Member
Total Posts:  386
Posted: 08 July 2016 04:14 PM
[ # 3 ]

namastelight,
I took a look at your code and I was able to identify the culprit here. You’re using “line-height: 24px;” on every TD, as well as a number of other places. This causes Outlook to set the height of those TDs to 24px. I would recommend only applying this style to DIVs or TDs that have text in them.

Let me know if you have any other questions!


 

namastelight

Newbie
Total Posts:  3
Posted: 08 July 2016 04:34 PM
[ # 4 ]

Hi Geoff,

Thanks so much for checking out the code.  I’ve been able to correct the issue.  That is an Outlook bug I wasn’t aware of, which I’ll certainly keep in mind for the future.

Thanks!
Jeff