Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

 
   
images not appearing in test

composjuliot

Newbie
Total Posts:  3
Posted: 29 June 2016 11:58 PM

Hello,

Images are not appearing in my lasts email tests. That’s strange because I use Email on Acid for 3 years now and I never had such an issue. My code style is the same as ever and image blocking option is disabled, so I don’t understand. Here’s the link to reach this email online :

http://syspad.compos-juliot.fr/emailing/geoxia/1258_MK_NO_EM/1258_MK_NO_EM.html

And the test results link :
https://www.emailonacid.com/app/acidtest/display/summary/C8xrtwlHBFyeMh4ouFrbPtIjL4KwAEbwq2jq5NAqkG7vT/shared

Thank you for your answer


 

Alex Ilhan

Avatar
Administrator
Total Posts:  210
Posted: 30 June 2016 11:22 PM
[ # 1 ]

Hey composjuliot

Thanks for joining the EoA forums grin

Could I ask if you’re testing with relative image paths or full image paths?

Many thanks
Alex


 

Geoff Phillips

Avatar
Sr. Member
Total Posts:  386
Posted: 05 July 2016 02:00 AM
[ # 2 ]

composjuliot,
I took a look at your code, and the image paths are indeed relative. You’ll need to use absolute image paths for email testing (as well as your final send). Hope that helps!

https://www.emailonacid.com/help-center/article/email-development/email-development-general/what-is-an-absolute-image-reference


 

composjuliot

Newbie
Total Posts:  3
Posted: 12 July 2016 10:56 PM
[ # 3 ]

Hello,

Ok, I have always proceed with relative images paths and since now it was not a problem (I must deliver my email like that to the customer). I will change it and tell you if it works again. Thank you for your answers


 

composjuliot

Newbie
Total Posts:  3
Posted: 12 July 2016 11:04 PM
[ # 4 ]

Thank you for your advice, I’ve change my settings to “Automatically convert my relative URL references to absolute when I submit a URL for testing” and it works again, I know it is not recommanded but I’ll work faster with it and can deliver the proper email to my customer.