Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

iPhone 5S not responding to “centered” and resizing images when it shouldn’t

cmcphee7986

Total Posts:  1
Posted: 16 May 2016 10:10 AM

Hi Geoff - Following up on our bulletproof button conversation from February. We figured out the line height issue for bulletproof buttons and Outlook, but are suddenly having weird issues with the iPhone 5S (iOS 7-8). It does not seem to be listening to “centered” alignment and full width images like the rest of the iPhones. We are not having this issue on Litmus. Could you please take a look and let me know if you think this is a code issue on our end or just the faux mobile display on your end? I’ve attached the HTML and share link. Thank you for your help!!

https://www.emailonacid.com/app/acidtest/display/summary/Gq5VcgkY2CI4olp1txMymNDNDnLXkYVQ5dmdDuTMmk6wM/shared

Image Attachments
correct alignment.png
File Attachments
HTML.html  (File Size: 12KB - Downloads: 224)

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 16 May 2016 12:48 PM
[ # 1 ]

Chiara,

I took a look at this issue and it is indeed code based. I sent your code to my own iPhone to compare and saw the same problem. The iPhone will resize content to make it fit into the display window. Because each table in your email is only contained by the body tag and a center tag, it is resizing them independently. By putting a table just inside the center tags, I was able to make it resize the email consistently throughout. Here’s how it looks: https://www.emailonacid.com/app/acidtest/display/summary/r2nvHAJDpE0IcCyz4XQE9LDt6MvC2INiOlf6ha3CsHG3S/shared

I have attached the code I used to create this test. I hope that helps!

File Attachments
HTML.html  (File Size: 10KB - Downloads: 206)