Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Gmail android app not resizing email

Gandhi

Total Posts:  6
Posted: 16 April 2016 11:45 AM

hello everyone

i’ve run into a problem with my email…. i’ve attached my code and i’m sending it through mailchimp…

i’ve used tables to lay it out and sliced my images and displays great on most browser based email clients….. it also looks great on outlook app for android…..............BUT….....

NOT GMAIL APP for ANDROID

its not auto resizing…. its displaying full width but justified to the right….sooo half the email is missing and displaying far to big…..

so display wrong only in vertical view, if you switch your phone to horizontal view its fine…..:/
i really don’t know how to solve this…...i’ve try to keep things simple…...i’ve added a ton of code that has been suggested online…..and then i’ve taken out all of that extra code and nothing changes…..... it still displays wrong… :(

please can someone help me??

File Attachments
my code.txt  (File Size: 12KB - Downloads: 345)

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  224
Posted: 19 April 2016 02:06 PM
[ # 1 ]

Hi Gandhi

Welcome to the forums!

Is that the full code sample or only the main body of the email?

Either way, you can try this fix: http://freshinbox.com/blog/gmail-on-ios-increases-font-size-on-some-emails/ - it should fix your issue.

Let me know how you get on!

Cheers
Alex