Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

newbee can’t get link to work with yahoo mail

Davifea

Total Posts:  3
Posted: 07 March 2011 07:59 AM

I’m new at this and am attempting to create an HTML email to send to different clients.  When I test in Yahoo Mail the link doesn’t work.

My link which is something like:
  <td>Visit us</td>

is replaced with:
  <td>Visit us</td>

And of course the link is disabled.

I can’t find any reference material online and would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks.
David

Davifea

Posted: 07 March 2011 08:11 AM
[ # 1 ]

let me fix that so you can see the text better.  The code is entered as (minus the extra quotation marks):

“<a” style=“text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #0000CC;” href=“www.xyz.com” target=_blank>Visit us</a>”

and is editted by Yahoo to look like:
  “<a rel=“nofollow” style=“text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #0000CC;” href=“www.xyz.com”>Visit us<”/a>”

Again when you mouse over what should be the link, there is no link.

David

Michelle Klann

Administrator
Total Posts:  204
Posted: 07 March 2011 03:42 PM
[ # 2 ]

It looks like you are missing the “http://” in your href attribute.  I just tried this and it works for me:

<a rel='nofollow' href='http://www.example.com'>

Visit us
</a

Davifea

Posted: 07 March 2011 06:47 PM
[ # 3 ]

Michelle,
Thank you so much.  My actual email worked on other mail clients, but not on Yahoo.  I spent hours looking at source code looking for a clue, without resolution.  I then found this site and the features of the service as well as your experienced eye.  I can’t wait to get my emails fully tested with your service.

Thanks again.

David