Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Outlook.com Bing Address Finder

cmcnally

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 16 February 2016 07:24 PM

I’ve been trying to code a simple press release header in a way that displays consistently across all email clients. Just when I thought I had finally solved everything, I noticed that Outlook.com’s Bing address search feature had read the text “New York Regional Office, New York, NY 10278” and “found” an address. It then proceeds to add a hyperlink starting from the word “York” making the rest of the text display in blue. Is there any way to keep Bing from scanning this text, or to keep the hyperlink black so it’s not so conspicuous?

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  226
Posted: 17 February 2016 04:18 AM
[ # 1 ]

Hey cmcnally,

Welcome to the Email on Acid forums smile

You can counter this issue by simply wrapping your address in some tags that override the styles. If you use this code snippet:

<a href="##" style="text-decoration:none !important; color:#000000 !important"><span style="color:#000000; text-decoration:none !important;">New York Regional Office, New YorkNY 10278</span></a

It should fix your issue.

If you have any other issues or need anymore help, please let me know.

Alex.

cmcnally

Posted: 17 February 2016 10:36 AM
[ # 2 ]

Thank you so much for the quick reply! That worked perfectly. Finally good to go!

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  226
Posted: 17 February 2016 11:19 AM
[ # 3 ]

Not a problem at all, glad we got it all sorted for you.

Happy emailing!

ecampos

Posted: 13 January 2017 05:10 AM
[ # 4 ]

has anyone else had this problem with random text being recognized as an address?
wrapping random bits (or all of my text) doesn’t seem like a good solution.

Image Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 4.03.07 AM.png

ecampos

Posted: 13 January 2017 06:36 AM
[ # 5 ]

seems wrapping the “™” i had in the middle of my text fixed the issue, possibly could have wrapped a “.” but im done testing for now.

hope this helps anyone having the same issue.