Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Outlook 2013 & 2016 pushing text up out of view

Adubash

Total Posts:  19
Posted: 15 February 2016 02:56 AM

Hi,

Sorry, me once again - Last hurdle, annoyingly - I wasn’t having this problem yesterday, but sent a test today and it’s suddenly there.

Outlook 2016 and 2013 are pushing the text up and out of view - https://www.emailonacid.com/app/acidtest/display/summary/4diNuZW8zXmwyauOOdMH54JrI34Gsd8VOjxuN7CzhDIh3/shared

I’ve attached the final HTML that has gone through Silverpop/IBM marketing cloud.

I’ve found some solutions that suggest making the parent table align=“left” but this hasn’t worked (and just made my email worse). Any ideas of how to get around this?

Many thanks for any help,

Arianne

File Attachments
monthly-newsletter-silverpop.html  (File Size: 38KB - Downloads: 260)

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 15 February 2016 05:00 AM
[ # 1 ]

Adubash,
No problem at all! Looks like this issue was caused by the following line of code:

table { font-size:1pxline-height:0mso-margin-top-alt:1px;mso-line-height-ruleexactly

It’s inside a conditional comment just before the end of the head section. Remove that (or make it more specific to what you want to make tiny font) and your text will appear just fine.

Adubash

Total Posts:  19
Posted: 15 February 2016 06:44 PM
[ # 2 ]

Thanks so much Geoff! :] Declaring font/line-height values made my images tuck up instead, so I took the value out and everything looks great.

Thanks again,

Arianne