Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Gmail chrome (mac) cutting off message on the right

MarketVolt

Total Posts:  38
Posted: 28 January 2016 06:07 AM

Why would my message be getting cut off on the right side only in Gmail chrome (mac)?

Sample: https://www.emailonacid.com/app/acidtest/display/summary/GYf7cH9vyzk0ccqZp5hfjYN72e5ke5sFWg7r8kG86r0Id/shared

MarketVolt

Posted: 01 February 2016 03:10 AM
[ # 1 ]

Anyone have this issue?

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 01 February 2016 04:45 AM
[ # 2 ]

MarketVolt,
Hey there, sorry for the delay in replying. This looks like it was just caused by the browser window being too narrow when the screenshot was taken. We’re fixing these now so that the issue should not occur again. So sorry for any inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

MarketVolt

Posted: 01 February 2016 05:12 AM
[ # 3 ]

Thanks. I thought that as well. We do have recipients who see it this way though. Wasn’t sure if there was a fix for the sizing, like when an Outlook user adjusts their screen to 120% larger.

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 01 February 2016 05:39 AM
[ # 4 ]

No, but the user should be able to scroll left/right inside of the web client (if they notice the scrollbar).

MarketVolt

Posted: 14 April 2016 04:06 AM
[ # 5 ]

Wondering if you see issues taking out the table-layout:fixed; both in the body css tag and the outside container table. This seemed to correct the issue in gmail. It was not necessarily a browser size issue.