Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Problem with iPad Retina (iOS 8) and Coffeeshop template

violetlevy

Total Posts:  3
Posted: 21 January 2016 07:25 AM

The iOS 8 preview is truncated when I try to remove certain items. For instance, I can remove all of the two column and three column layouts and leave the “More to love divider” and it’s fine:
CoffeeShop template with divider:
https://www.emailonacid.com/app/acidtest/display/summary/oFOiCIm58sEMPQiQiWKkVEiJ81sHhVMs7VZPSW4qu4VOc/shared

But take out all three layouts and it breaks:

CoffeeShop template without divider:
https://www.emailonacid.com/app/acidtest/display/summary/TReLwOARw9kFlwSZ4qRiw2mgWe2BcMpEABplnQ7IHYZyP/shared

If I take out the whole divider table, but put the 3 column section back in it’s fine again. There are a number of elements in the footer that also cause this.  This seems to not be related to specific elements, but a combination of things. There is something that needs to be in the code, but it doesn’t matter which of many sections is holding it.

You have to scroll in the preview to see that the second example gets cut off.

Here is the divider code, which looks pretty self contained to me:

<!—======= start divider =======—>
                        <table class=“one-column” border=“0” cellpadding=“20” cellspacing=“0” width=“100%” style=“border-spacing:0;background-color: #ded6bf;” bgcolor=”#ded6bf”>
                          <tr>
                              <td align=“center”>
                                <table align=“center” width=“100%” style=“text-align:center;”>
                                  <tr>
                                      <td colspan=“3” style=“text-align:center;” align=“center”>https://www.emailonacid.com/images/emails/coffeeshop/coffee-icon-heart-cup-brown.png
                                      </td>
                                  </tr>
                                  <tr>
                                      <td style=“border-bottom: 2px solid #bbb7ac;”>
                                      </td>
                                      <td rowspan=“2” width=“130” style=“font-size: 20px; line-height:28px; text-decoration: none; color: #222;font-family: Georgia, sans-serif;text-align:center;font-style:italic;”>more to love
                                      </td>
                                      <td style=“border-bottom: 2px solid #bbb7ac;”>
                                      </td>
                                  </tr>
                                  <tr>
                                      <td>
                                      </td>
                                      <td>
                                      </td>
                                  </tr>
                                </table>
                              </td>
                          </tr>
                        </table>
                        <!—======= end divider =======—>

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 21 January 2016 08:53 AM
[ # 1 ]

violetlevy,
Welcome to the forum!

I’m very sorry about this. It’s a known issue with our iOS8 devices, and we’re working on fixing it. Don’t worry though, it’s not an issue with the code. I’ll let you know as soon as we have the fix in place.

Please let me know if I can answer anything else for you.

violetlevy

Posted: 21 January 2016 09:00 AM
[ # 2 ]

Do you mean I should ignore the preview? What about Gmail App iOS 7? The same thing happens, but not quite as drastically.

https://www.emailonacid.com/app/acidtest/display/result/1ldvHBoDXHg0XRDRbOmWgQEF8nFK0k7hqVU2ASVs3qJyC/47/

Geoff Phillips

Posted: 21 January 2016 09:27 AM
[ # 3 ]

Sorry, but I can’t see that test, as it’s not shared.

Could you add a shared link?

violetlevy

Posted: 21 January 2016 09:32 AM
[ # 4 ]

Geoff Phillips

Posted: 21 January 2016 10:04 AM
[ # 5 ]

Yes, that’s the same issue. Again, very sorry for any concern this may have caused. We are working on fixing this.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.