Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Gmail App iOS 7 Cutting off bottom of my email

arcteryx

Total Posts:  12
Posted: 07 January 2016 09:41 AM

The Gmail App iOS 7 is cutting off the bottom of my email. Its only happening in this app. Is this perhaps and Email on Acid rendering issue or something with my code? Has anyone experienced this one before?

Image Attachments
Gmail App OS7.jpg

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 07 January 2016 09:58 AM
[ # 1 ]

Hi arcteryx!
Can you give us a share link for this issue? I’ll take a look and see what’s going on.

Geoff Phillips

Posted: 08 January 2016 07:02 AM
[ # 2 ]

arcteryx,
I have been looking into this issue with code that I pulled from one of your tests, but I am having trouble reproducing it. Could you add the code for this campaign to the forum?

arcteryx

Posted: 12 January 2016 09:00 AM
[ # 3 ]

Here is my most recent email/code. Still seeing the bottom half of emails cut off in Gmail App iOs7.

HTML attached.

File Attachments
LEAF_Glove-LT.html  (File Size: 33KB - Downloads: 250)

Geoff Phillips

Posted: 12 January 2016 09:28 AM
[ # 4 ]

arcterx,
Looks like this is an issue with our screenshots. I have submitted a ticket to have this fixed. So sorry for any inconvenience!

I’ll let you know as soon as we fix it.

arcteryx

Posted: 13 January 2016 09:25 AM
[ # 5 ]

Thanks. This is what I was thinking but I wasn’t sure. Thanks for confirming.

-A

TFCCQA

Total Posts:  1
Posted: 20 April 2016 02:03 AM
[ # 6 ]

Was this ever addressed because I am having the same issue - the bottom half is not available in portrait view, but when I rotate the phone to landscape, I see parts of the bottom half of the email but it’s all jacked up.

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  210
Posted: 20 April 2016 03:04 AM
[ # 7 ]

Hi TFCCQA

Welcome to the EoA forums!

Sorry that you’re still experiencing issues relating to this bug. It looks like there’s still an issue that stops it scrolling properly which we’re working on fixing right now. I’ve raised the priority of the ticket for you so it should be fixed soon!

Once again, sorry that this is still causing issues - if you have any other issues please let me know!

Thanks,
Alex

PeterA

Total Posts:  1
Posted: 12 September 2016 05:16 AM
[ # 8 ]

Hi,

Not sure if this is the same issue, but here is a screenshot of an email I’m currently testing with part of the content clipped.

Image Attachments
screenshot.png

theacruz

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 13 April 2017 04:11 AM
[ # 9 ]

Hi there!

Not sure if I’m having the same problem here, but it’s quite similar. Please, see the attached printscreen.

I guess it’s a problem with EoA because when I put a 200px height tr just above it, my image displays correctly.

Image Attachments
test-ios7.jpg

marjoleinverheij

Total Posts:  31
Posted: 14 April 2017 12:26 AM
[ # 10 ]

I’m sure it has got to do with the way EoA scrolls through the mails when creating screenshots. I’ve seen it happen in other previews as well.