Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

 
   
Analytics report doesn’t match ESP

WundermanEOA

Avatar
Newbie
Total Posts:  6
Posted: 14 October 2014 05:37 PM

I’ve been using the Email Analytics tools on a bunch of campaigns lately, and for the most part we’ve been seeing opens and clicks that are close to the numbers we get from our ESP.  But I’ve got one running at the moment that isn’t even remotely close to the the numbers from the ESP. The ESP is showing 28% opens and the Email on Acid Analytics is showing 0.3%.  Something strange here.  The EoA campaign is active, and the emails were deployed about 9 hours ago.  We are using the click tracking feature, and I’ve double-checked that the code in the deployed email matches the EoA code.

I’m just curious if there are any system issues at the moment, or if I maybe did something wrong in my set-up.  The set-up is pretty simple, and like I said, I haven’t had any problems with other campaigns recently.  This one has me stumped.


 

WundermanEOA

Avatar
Newbie
Total Posts:  6
Posted: 15 October 2014 06:44 AM
[ # 1 ]

So either the system was just being slow yesterday, or I was just so used to it being faster that I got impatient because this problem seems to have solved itself.  The data started showing up sometime overnight and now this report is looking normal.  grin