Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Image path issue in adaptive email

frontend4

Total Posts:  3
Posted: 09 July 2014 03:13 PM

Hi, I have question regarding Zip File and an image path in the head style. I’m using a CSS for our adaptive emails. My issue is when I Zip my html and the image path is not getting updated in HTML head. This is my code example:
<style type=“text/css”>

@media handheld, screen and (max-width: 679px) {

td[class=mobile-cell-top] {
}

background:url(images/img-placeholder-1.gif) no-repeat;

height: 100px;

width: 320px;
padding-top:100px;
}

}

</style>

Can you please let me know if there is any way to force EOA to update my CSS?

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 10 July 2014 07:22 AM
[ # 1 ]

frontend4,
If you use a relative path (as you are), you shouldn’t need it to update anything. I do see a closing “</style>” just before the background image, though, and that may be causing this problem. Feel free to email our support staff with questions!

frontend4

Posted: 10 July 2014 08:05 AM
[ # 2 ]

smile Sorry that was a mistake, I don’t have closing tag there (just updated my code) and is not displaying those images in mobile section unfortunately.

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 10 July 2014 08:10 AM
[ # 3 ]

frontend4,
Hmmm, that’s no good. If you’d like to email your code (attached at a .html file) to support [at] emailonacid.com, we can take a look for you and try to see what’s going wrong.

frontend4

Posted: 10 September 2014 01:26 PM
[ # 4 ]

Hi Geoff, attached is sample code(test-email.html). Just as a recap I’m having trouble seeing background images in mobile view while testing on EOA. Please let me know if there is something I’m not doing correct.

Thanks,
Estera