Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Outlook can’t load one large image at the top of my EDM

JohnCHorner

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 22 June 2014 04:18 PM

I have one large image (599x249px, 75Kb) at the start of my email, and when I test in Outlook 2003/2007/2010/2013 the image is missing. In most of them it’s just a normal “missing image” icon, but in 2010 it actually says “The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved renamed or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file and location”.

But the image is there, can be accessed by its URL, shows up in all other clients etc. It’s not CMYK. All the other images are fine.

Is this a known issue with the first image in Outlook, or with images over a certain size? Do the EmailOnAcid email clients need their caches cleared, as suggested by this note from CampaignMonitor:

http://kb.mailchimp.com/campaigns/images-videos-files/troubleshooting-images-in-campaigns

Is the header image or logo missing in Outlook and Outlook isn’t giving you an option to download? We’ve seen that happen and rebooting our computer cleared Outlook’s cache. After rebooting, we were able to see the seemingly broken image.

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 28 August 2014 06:45 AM
[ # 1 ]

JohnCHorner,
I am replying to you about this via email. Sorry for the delay!

JohnCHorner

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 28 August 2014 05:03 PM
[ # 2 ]

Have replied. Thanks for getting back to me.