Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Outlook Spam Testing

jmjadsinc

Total Posts:  1
Posted: 07 June 2014 11:21 AM

Is this testing even accurate?  I can’t get anything to pass this test.  Does outlook junkbox anything with a link?  There is no spammy words at all being used and I can’t get most basic of tests to pass.

Please provide some information on how to pass this test if not I don’t see the point of even having it there.

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 09 June 2014 08:29 AM
[ # 1 ]

jmjadsinc,
I’m sorry you’re having trouble with Outlook testing. Unfortunately, the makers of most SPAM filters are very tight-lipped about how their filters operate, so as to keep spammers from cheating them. If we had any more info about why Outlook does or does not pass an email, we would certainly make that available to you.

If you’d like to email your code (attached as a .html file) to support [at] emailonacid.com, I’d be happy to take a look at it.