Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Cell Height issue in Outlook 2013

myemail

Total Posts:  3
Posted: 29 January 2014 02:06 PM

Howdy all,

This email looks fine in all clients except Outlook 2013.

The problem surrounds a 600px x 11px image called StripedDivider.jpg.

I’m not really sure if the problem is the image, the cell, the row or the table. I’ve tried several suggestions found at EOA, Mailchimp, etc. and at least have managed to contain the problem to only 2013. ‘07 and ‘10 did present a similar problem when I originally coded this.

So, the problem is that there appears to be extra height on the cell that contains this image. Or maybe there is some kind of margin forced on the image or padding on the cell by 2013’s rendering engine. You can see the extra height I’m talking about because of the #999999 background color underneath it.

I would really appreciate some help in solving this little mystery.

Here’s the URL to access the code and I’ve attached screenshots of ‘07 rendering correctly and ‘13 not correctly.

http://ezines.nurse.com/ezine/nurses/2-2-14/index.html

Thanks for any help or advice.

Image Attachments
Outlook_2007_good.jpgOutlook_2013_bad.jpg

fred.hahnel.mrm

Total Posts:  1
Posted: 22 April 2014 10:52 AM
[ # 1 ]

you can review the actual html in the email.  Doubleclick on the email, then go to Actions in the ribbon bar, then click on “Other Actions”, then “View Source”. This is the actual code rendered by Outlook.

myemail

Total Posts:  3
Posted: 12 June 2014 11:36 AM
[ # 2 ]

Thanks, Fred! I didn’t know that and will use that in the future.

On a happy note, I seem to have found my solution.

mso-line-height-rule:exactly !important;

Adding the !important seems to have done the trick!
And it appears to not have mucked up the other clients!

ajaymishra

Total Posts:  1
Posted: 27 February 2017 09:41 PM
[ # 3 ]

Ezine’ articles are very famous for their content. They post unique content in their blog.

Thanks
Ajay Mishra
Webworld Experts Reviews