Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Cache in Lotus ?

armando.borge

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 06 September 2010 09:26 AM

When I run an Acid test at second time with the images of the email modified the test results preview show me the old version of the images in Lotus Notes 8.5

If I change the layout of the email, or table structure, all the version of Lotus Notes shows me the old version of the email.

Do you use cache in Lotus Client Simulator? Somebody else have the same problem ?

acidadmin

Administrator
Total Posts:  43
Posted: 06 September 2010 09:40 AM
[ # 1 ]

Hey Seatfortwo,

Are you re-running the original test from your archive? 

If you make changes to your email, the only way to see those updates is to run a new test.  We render screen shots for each version of Lotus Notes - each screen shot is captured individually so it would be unusual for you to experience cache issues. 

If you still think that might be the problem, please clear your cache, and re-run the last test from your archive and report back.

Thanks!

armando.borge

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 07 September 2010 08:09 AM
[ # 2 ]

Hi…

Not, I am not running the acid test from my archive, I am running a new test,

And I already clean my cache. And I ran a new test direct from URL, and the old image is still there.

Thanks again…!!!!

acidadmin

Administrator
Total Posts:  43
Posted: 07 September 2010 08:50 AM
[ # 3 ]

Ok, this sounds like something we should investigate further. To help us do that, please log in, re-run the test from your archive, select the version of the Lotus Notes client you are referring to and then use the “Report a Discrepancy” feature from the Developer Tools drop down. 

This will submit a ticket with your email, your OS and the browser you are using.

From there, it would be great if you could do the same for the previous test so we can compare the two.

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience!

Lateral Group

Total Posts:  7
Posted: 10 February 2011 04:06 AM
[ # 4 ]

we seem to be having the same problem. In the screen-grab section of the render checks (primarily the older Lotus Notes versions), the cache is preventing from new/amended images to show after a new test (not re-run).

With Lotus Notes being the key bad-boy among email clients, it would be great if you could improve cache performance in this area. Thanks!!

Signature 

Lateral Group