Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Lotus Notes 6.5 rendering: Bottom cut off

bm6891

Total Posts:  5
Posted: 13 June 2013 02:44 AM

Hi,

I’ve already posted on here about iPhone/iPad rendering, and the response was very helpful!

I’ve seen the various threads on the known bug with Lotus Notes 6.5 rendering, and the fact that you might actually be pulling this screengrab feature.

It’s understandable, however I just wanted to confirm if there is any workaround/short-term fix currently? Our clients include various professional/financial services firms who are surprisingly resistant to upgrade to Lotus Notes 8.5 at this moment in time.

Please see the issue I refer to in the attached images. Apologies for the very bad quality of these, but I cannot get the files any smaller to attach.

In the Outlook 2007 render, the bottom disclaimer text (red box) appears in full. In the Lotus Notes 6.5 render, some of the bottom disclaimer text is cut off. Is there a coding solution that might make this visible in the Lotus Notes 6.5 render?

Thanks,
James

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 13 June 2013 07:40 AM
[ # 1 ]

James,
Sorry, but those screen caps are a bit too small for me. Could you post your code so that I can troubleshoot this? Alternatively, a pic of just the bottom bit of the Lotus Notes render would be helpful.

bm6891

Posted: 14 June 2013 08:50 AM
[ # 2 ]

Here you go - a better image of the LN 6.5 render. In the red area, at least half of the disclaimer text is ‘cut off’ and missing.

Geoff Phillips

Posted: 14 June 2013 01:03 PM
[ # 3 ]

James,
Can you send an email to support [at] emailonacid.com with the code attached as a .html file? With that I will try to get to the bottom of this.

Geoff Phillips

Posted: 14 June 2013 02:50 PM
[ # 4 ]

James,
I looked into it and found that you’re right about it being a screen grab issue. No, there is currently no way to fix this through code. We hope to fix this problem in a future release. I’m sorry if this causes you inconvenience with your clients.

bm6891

Posted: 18 June 2013 02:19 AM
[ # 5 ]

Thanks Geoff. Good to know. By the way, how long do your releases typically take to come about / what’s their cycle?

James