Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

iPhone/iPad rendering: This message is only partially downloaded

bm6891

Total Posts:  5
Posted: 06 June 2013 02:57 AM

Hi,

We are a marketing software company, and we have an email marketing application that uses Email on Acid as a third-party plugin for our Inbox Preview feature.

This enables access to the typical Email on Acid interface (Summary and Email Previews tabs), where a user can click through the various preview thumbnails for a larger view.

We consistently have a problem with the renderings for:

- iPad 5.0
- iPhone 4S (iOS 5)
- iPhone 4S (iOS 6)
- iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1)

Attached screenshot. Nothing is returned, save the line ‘This message is only partially downloaded’. Obviously what compounds this issue is that the ‘Download remaining’ tab is inactive.

The rendering for iPad Gmail is fine. Content appears.

So, have you come across this before / is it a wider issue? (It’s similar to another support ticket I’ve seen: “iPhone Results Not Displaying”)

Is email template / email size contributing?
Is there a known Apple / iPhone, iPad bug affecting Email on Acid?

Please let me know what else you need from me, if you feel you can help out.

Thanks,
James

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 06 June 2013 07:02 AM
[ # 1 ]

Hi James,
I’m sorry if that’s been giving you trouble. The good news is yes, this is a known iOS bug. Check out our blog on the subject here: http://www.emailonacid.com/blog/details/C13/ensure_that_your_entire_email_is_rendered_by_default_in_the_iphone_ipad. Essentially, this is an IMAP/POP issue. To fix this, you’ll need to find the CreateTest API call, and modify the <ios_fix> variable. Check out the API documentation below for more information on that. https://api.emailonacid.com/docs/v3. We provide both options so that customers will know that their email may be cut off.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

bm6891

Total Posts:  5
Posted: 13 June 2013 02:08 AM
[ # 2 ]

Thanks for this Geoff. I’ve sent this information on to our developers.