Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

2 of 2

Hotmail: line-height issues

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 07 August 2013 11:47 AM
[ # 16 ]

aj2012,
I think this is happening because Outlook.com imposes a paragraph bottom margin of 1.35em. If you add the following line to your CSS near the top, it should fix the problem. I tested this and it worked for me in Outlook.com/Chrome28. Let me know if it doesn’t work for you.

p {margin: 0 0 0 0;}

aj2012

Total Posts:  5
Posted: 08 August 2013 03:25 PM
[ # 17 ]

@geoff - I appreciate your taking the time to help, but p {margin: 0 0 0 0;} does not work for me. There’s still the bluish background spacing at the top and bottom of the right image. I’ll continue to investigate but if you fnd something else, please let me know. Thanks.

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 09 August 2013 07:23 AM
[ # 18 ]

aj2012,
I also cleaned up some of your tables in that section, which did not have the same number of td’s in each tr. Perhaps that played a role as well? Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

Deepak83

Total Posts:  1
Posted: 04 August 2014 06:14 AM
[ # 19 ]

Hi all,

Firstly apologies for reigniting this thread. I’m a beginner to all this, i’ve recently started anew job that requires me to deign HTML newsletters, so i’ve been thrust into the deep end with it all! All this being said, i’ve managed to design something of note that the client likes.

Their main target is outlook 2010, but they want it to work decently across all clients. I’ve managed to make it work in outlook 2010, but when i send it to my hotmail account the line spacing increases alot, plus my buttons expand in height too.

I was wondering if anyone here would be kind enough to go over my code to see if i’ve done anything wrong?

I’m new to this forum too, so apologies again if i paste the code the wrong way or anything!

<tr>
<td height=“232” bgcolor=”#ffffff” class=“banner1” style=“border-left: 1px solid #adadad;border-right: 1px solid #adadad; border-bottom: 1px solid #68c5ea;”>

<table class=“content_1” width=“355” align=“left”><tr><td width=“341” style=“padding:30px 0px 0px 32px;”>

<h1 style=“font-size:16px; font-weight: bold; color: #003976; font-size:21px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;”>Craig Botham’s view on<br>Emerging Markets</h1>
<h2 style= “font-size:12px; font-weight:normal; color:#414042; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;”>With the Emering Markets theme being highly topical, we thought it would be great to get the view of one of the latest rcruits to our Economics team.<br></h2>

<table width=“120” height=“5” bgcolor=”#0077c7” align=“left” valign=“middle” border=“0” cellpadding=“0” cellspacing=“0” style=“border-radius:2px;” st-button=“Readmore”>

<tbody>
<tr>
<td height=“5” align=“center” style=“font-size:1px; mso-line-height-rule:exactly; line-height:1px;”> </td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td height=“5” align=“center” valign=“middle” style=“font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-weight:bold;color: #ffffff; text-align:center; mso-line-height-rule:exactly; line-height: 14px;”>

Read More
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td height=“5” align=“center” style=“font-size:1px; mso-line-height-rule:exactly; line-height:1px;”> </td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
/tr>
</table>
images/box1.jpg

Enrichment

Total Posts:  1
Posted: 30 January 2017 11:27 PM
[ # 20 ]

I suppose you have already found the answer to your questions! these helpful resources  has an essay about the colour of water!

2 of 2