Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Hotmail: margin-height not supported

PaulDavidGerhard

Total Posts:  1
Posted: 13 March 2013 02:03 PM

hello, my newsletter is not working well in Hotmail. Basically all the margin-height are not supported and I do not manage to get the spacing I need for it. Could someone help me with my code?

This is the code I am using to create a margin below a table

<table border=“0” cellpadding=“0” cellspacing=“0” class=“table-margin” style=“margin-bottom:8px;”>

This does not work in Hotmail. What do you suggest I change?

Additionally my titles do not seem to take the ‘margin’ in the cell see
<td width=“296” bgcolor=”#DEB123” style=“mso-line-height-rule:exactly;”>Upcoming Event</td>

This only fails in hotmail again.

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 18 March 2013 06:07 PM
[ # 1 ]

Paul,
Yes, we covered Outlook and Hotmail’s lack of support for margins in this blog post: http://www.emailonacid.com/blog/details/C13/emailology_outlook_marginalizing_css_properties.

We recommend that you use an empty td with the padding property and a white background to create space in your tables. If you don’t need white space, you can just apply padding to a cell that has content.

Let us know if you have any questions.