Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Change to how GMAil handles tables?

identity2

Total Posts:  1
Posted: 15 October 2012 01:07 PM

We have been using the same template to send email messages for about a year. Last week, we noticed that GMail has changed the way they deal with tables. Our template still looks correct when we view it using the Email on Acid GMail code viewer, but no longer presents the tables correctly in real world tests. Anyone else encounter this issue?

Michelle Klann

Administrator
Total Posts:  204
Posted: 15 October 2012 04:05 PM
[ # 1 ]

Hello, thanks for contacting us!  We would be happy to investigate this issue for you. 

First things first, it sounds like you are running a code based preview.  Try running screen captures (in our system) and you should get results that are 100% accurate.  I say this in case you are on a deadline.

In the meantime, feel free to send us your HTML source so we can try to re-create the issue with our code based previews.  support [at] emailonacid.com.

Thanks!
Miki

bestemailtester

Total Posts:  3
Posted: 23 October 2012 05:23 PM
[ # 2 ]
identity2 - 15 October 2012 01:07 PM

We have been using the same template to send email messages for about a year. Last week, we noticed that GMail has changed the way they deal with tables. Our template still looks correct when we view it using the Email on Acid GMail code viewer, but no longer presents the tables correctly in real world tests. Anyone else encounter this issue?

well yes i had similar issue but i always test it to myself in gmail before i test with email on acid.
if you still have same issue let me know. i may be able to help

Signature 

HtmlCodingAndTesting