Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Issue in IE9 in AOL

nayaz

Total Posts:  1
Posted: 24 April 2012 09:08 AM

Hi
im facing a issue in AOL IE9 emailer as my page is not showing properly its cutting out. as i have used 900 width for my email but its showing only 800 width rest its not showing where as its works fine in IE8 and rest of the emails n outlook

Michelle Klann

Administrator
Total Posts:  204
Posted: 24 April 2012 03:28 PM
[ # 1 ]

Hi Nayaz,

We recommend that you design your email campaigns at a max width of 600px.  This is because there are left and right columns in the AOL interface (and others) that cause your email to get cropped.  In AOL, they have left navigation and on the right there are several banner ads.

We hide banners in our screen shots but I presume your email is still getting cut off because it is way too wide for standard screen resolutions (when you add their left/right columns).

Cheers,
Miki