Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Why HTML email looks different in Win Live Hotmail in IE and FF?

TYiD

Total Posts:  5
Posted: 08 April 2010 01:07 PM

I run a test in IE first. Checked result and everything looks good as it suppose to be. Then I checked result in FF. The email was broken only in Window Live Hotmail, although it looks good in Hotmail client. Any one can tell me why there is render differences in Hotmail with IE and Hotmail with FF? How should I fix it, or if there is a way to fix it?

thanks for any tips!

Tony

acidadmin

Administrator
Total Posts:  43
Posted: 08 April 2010 01:28 PM
[ # 1 ]

Tony, we would very much like to look into this issue for you. Please log into your account, run the same test from your archive, open the Windows Live Hotmail preview and click on “Report a Discrepancy.” This will send us your email so that we can properly trouble shoot the issue you are having.

One question, have you tested your email in Internet Explorer and in Firefox.  This is always good practice because your email will be opened across a variety of different web browsers.

Thanks!

TYiD

Posted: 08 April 2010 01:43 PM
[ # 2 ]

Hi Admin,

Thanks for quick reply! Just send a report through testing result. I did test in actual Hotmail clients. Same issue - email looks good in IE, but broken in FF.

thanks,

Tony

acidadmin

Administrator
Total Posts:  43
Posted: 08 April 2010 02:02 PM
[ # 3 ]

Thanks Tony for submitting your discrepancy!

It appears that you are being haunted by the Hotmail Mystery Ghost:
http://www.emailonacid.com/blog/details/C13/hotmail-style

Try using “style=“display:block” in your images to resolve the image spacing issue.

Thanks and happy testing!

TYiD

Posted: 08 April 2010 07:30 PM
[ # 4 ]

Thanks a lot for the tips! I killed the Ghost and it looks good in Hotmail in FF now.

A + support!