Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

3 of 3

How long should a spam test take?

John Thies

Administrator
Total Posts:  59
Posted: 18 January 2012 09:36 PM
[ # 31 ]

Zanshin, sorry to hear that you are having problems with our Seed List testing. I just doubled checked our system and if a SPAM result has already been processed it will not reset itself. So I am not sure why the results would be resetting for you.

When you look at the test in the “Test Archive” list, are the SPAM result indicators (dots below the test subject) colored? If so, which filters still have a white dot with a question mark in them? If you move your mouse over the dots you will see the details about the SPAM result.

Are you sending the emails with the exact same subject and “from” address. If you are not then that will cause the results to not be displayed because we have to have a way to match up the SPAM email with the test.

What was the subject of the emails that you sent to the seed list?

StacyS@polylinecorp.com

Total Posts:  3
Posted: 14 February 2012 08:22 PM
[ # 32 ]

Having similar issue here. We have a home-grown application that sends out marketing emails from our server. I used the seedlist option 2 or 3 hours ago.

I copied and pasted the email’s subject line from eoa into my app to make sure they matched up. (I didn’t know if this would be an issue going in, I just thought it would be good practice.)

In the test archives, I’m showing all the little question marks under the spam analysis heading. Twice, when viewing the the test results, I WAS seeing gmail as being passed. Once I saw it as failed. And, when I checked it again just now, it says “Please send your test email to the entire seed list provided above.”

ImagineLearning

Total Posts:  1
Posted: 13 June 2012 11:01 PM
[ # 33 ]

We tried to run a spam filter test on an email and it has been running for about 6 hours with no results. We sent the test email via Email on Acid, and just wanted to see if our content would get caught by spam filters for now. Is there anything we can do to get that information working? Is the spam filter test broken?

mmsawebops

Posted: 14 June 2012 01:29 PM
[ # 34 ]

I’m not getting any results from spam test either. Everything says “waiting for your email to arrive”  I just copied in html and never actually sent an email…Using your servers to test.

MOSAKad

Total Posts:  8
Posted: 27 June 2012 04:26 PM
[ # 35 ]

I’m having some Spam Test issues as well. I ran two tests (using the same sender info) within two minutes from each other and it looks like that may be an issue. I used the “Send my test via Email on Acid” option for both tests.

The first test came through fine. The second test only turned up 6 results over two hours and doesn’t seem to be putting out any more.

I ran the second test again just now and the results came in just fine.

Maybe wait for the first results to come in, THEN run your next test.

Michelle Klann

Administrator
Total Posts:  204
Posted: 27 June 2012 09:15 PM
[ # 36 ]

Hello MOSAKad,

Thanks for contacting our customer support.  It appears that your test has completed processing now, I think the delay might have been caused by the special characters in your subject line.

Warm regards,
Miki

guitarcenter

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 24 August 2012 09:24 PM
[ # 37 ]

I’ve had this problem numerous times when running SPAM tests.  I’m using the EoA servers to send the test.  Sometimes the test never fully completes.

There’s a test running right now for which I needed an immediate answer and only a handful of results have come back after about an hours.

John Thies

Administrator
Total Posts:  59
Posted: 28 August 2012 02:28 PM
[ # 38 ]

Guitarcenter, very sorry to hear about SPAM results not completing for you. Would you mind sending us the HTML you are submitting? You can send it to support [at] emailonacid.com.

Thanks

SalesDrip

Posted: 03 February 2016 10:19 AM
[ # 39 ]

same issue - sent the email to the seed list an hour ago… my system only shows that 4 of 23 were opened. The EOA system reports zero… What gives?

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 03 February 2016 11:04 AM
[ # 40 ]

SalesDrip,
I’m sorry about that. We’re checking the filters on our end to make sure there aren’t any issues.

Please resend the email with the same subject and content and the results should fill in. Let me know if that doesn’t work.

SalesDrip

Posted: 03 February 2016 11:16 AM
[ # 41 ]

just re-sent the email - identical to the prior… 5 mins - nothing. How long should this take? My system show 3 reads out of 23….

Geoff Phillips

Posted: 03 February 2016 11:35 AM
[ # 42 ]

SalesDrip,
Hmmm that’s not good. Who are you sending the emails through? Are you able to get a deliverability report from your ESP?

If you can, please email it to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address), and we’ll use that to troubleshoot.

SalesDrip

Posted: 04 February 2016 02:01 PM
[ # 43 ]

what is going on with this???????

why hasn’t someone handled this?

Geoff Phillips

Posted: 04 February 2016 02:24 PM
[ # 44 ]

SalesDrip,
We were waiting on your response about the deliverability report from your ESP. Sorry if there was any confusion! Is that something you can send us?

It’s also possible that you emailed it to us but we didn’t know what it was in relation to. We were keeping an eye out for emails sent from the address associated with your account. Did you send an email from a different account?

Let us know and we’ll look into this right away.

3 of 3