Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Inline css for a:hover state

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 29 November 2009 12:59 PM

Hi everyone, I am quite new to Newsletter coding and I’m having some troubles finding what is the inline css code for hover state on linked text. Anyone could help? Thanks, Alex.

Total Posts:  43
Posted: 29 November 2009 11:53 PM
[ # 1 ]

Unfortunately the inline hover property is not supported across all browsers.

“Onmouseover” and “onmouseout” are universally unsupported across all email clients. 

Therefore, I recommend that you use embedded CSS for your hover state, the only email client that doesn’t support embedded CSS is Gmail.

Thanks for the inquiry, hope this helps!

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 30 November 2009 06:06 AM
[ # 2 ]

Thanks so much Admin, I’ll try CSS embedding. I code a lot of XHTML and CSS, but I have to admit newsletter coding it’s a world apart with all the tables and inline styling smile. Anyway, thanks for putting this site up, it’s saving me so much time with testing!

Total Posts:  5
Posted: 12 August 2010 02:25 PM
[ # 3 ]

If you want to contol the color of your hyper links with inline CSS try adding a style tag to your href like this:

...a href=“” style=“color:#F00;”>Link is red now ...</a

Works for me wink