Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Inline css for a:hover state

fluerasa

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 29 November 2009 12:59 PM

Hi everyone, I am quite new to Newsletter coding and I’m having some troubles finding what is the inline css code for hover state on linked text. Anyone could help? Thanks, Alex.

acidadmin

Administrator
Total Posts:  43
Posted: 29 November 2009 11:53 PM
[ # 1 ]

Unfortunately the inline hover property is not supported across all browsers.

“Onmouseover” and “onmouseout” are universally unsupported across all email clients. 

Therefore, I recommend that you use embedded CSS for your hover state, the only email client that doesn’t support embedded CSS is Gmail.

Thanks for the inquiry, hope this helps!

fluerasa

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 30 November 2009 06:06 AM
[ # 2 ]

Thanks so much Admin, I’ll try CSS embedding. I code a lot of XHTML and CSS, but I have to admit newsletter coding it’s a world apart with all the tables and inline styling smile. Anyway, thanks for putting this site up, it’s saving me so much time with testing!

rmorris

Total Posts:  5
Posted: 12 August 2010 02:25 PM
[ # 3 ]

If you want to contol the color of your hyper links with inline CSS try adding a style tag to your href like this:

...a href=“http://www.YourSite.com” style=“color:#F00;”>Link is red now ...</a

Works for me wink