Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Lotus Notes Emulator

jimmymarr

Total Posts:  1
Posted: 17 November 2009 05:54 AM

Does anyone know of a good, free Lotus Notes emulator? I get a lot of rendering questions from clients regarding lotus notes, but am unable to see what they are talking about due to the fact that I dont run it myself.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Jimmy

Ean

Posted: 20 November 2009 09:38 AM
[ # 1 ]

It’s easy, just remove all styling, all padding, all formatting and then throw in a few random mistakes and you’ll get close to what Lotus 6 and 7 users are seeing. For Lotus Notes 8 they seem to have come to their senses and most things render pretty well on it.

6 and 7 is a pain in the proverbial, you can code the strictest html email in the world and somehow Lotus will find a way to render it incorrectly. It can even change from send to send, one day it feels like rendering something correctly another day it doesn’t.

Penelope

Posted: 26 November 2010 04:09 AM
[ # 2 ]

Your reply just made my day. smile

Joel

Total Posts:  9
Posted: 04 January 2011 01:41 PM
[ # 3 ]

Laughing out loud!  I ignore 6 & 7.  Let monks move mountains.